HP Deskjet 3630 is an amazing printing product for high quality and fast prints. If the printer indicates about low ink level, then it's time to replace and install new ink cartridges. No worries, if you are a beginner as this posts will help you with steps to HP Deskjet 3630 Cartridge Installation and Troubleshooting Guide.
Steps to install toner cartridge in HP Desktop 3630
Before installing or replacing the ink cartridges, it is vital to check the blinking Ink level indicator.
- Press the power button to switch on your printer.
- Load the heap of a plain sheet in the paper tray.
- Now, gently open the exterior door of the printer.
Cartridge Access Door:
- Open the cartridge access door in your HP Deskjet 3630.
- The Ink cartridges carrier will reposition and come in the center of the printer.
- Do not touch until the cartridge carrier is idle and settles down.
Remove the Ink cartridge:
- Gently press the ink cartridge to get it released.
- Now, pull the ink cartridge out of its slot.
New toner cartridges:
- Now, continuing with the process, remove the new ink cartridges from the packing
- Pull out the protective plastic tape on the cartridge.
Please note: Before installing or replacing the toner cartridges, the user should confirm the quality and compatibility of the cartridge. Poor quality cartridge and wrong compatibility can hamper the printing quality and also disturb the printer working. For, this always buy genuine or OEM toner cartridges.
Insert ink cartridge:
- Hold the new ink cartridge in the correct position (cartridge nozzle towards the printer).
- Now, lightly insert the ink cartridge in its slot.
- One should be assured about the correct slot for the toner cartridges.
- The right side slot is for the black the cartridge and the left side slot is for the tri-color ink cartridge.
- Now, push the ink cartridges into their respective slots, until they snap the exact position.
Close the cartridge door:
- After the correct installation of the HP Desktop 3630, close the access door.
- The same step can be followed if you have to change any of the toner cartridges.
Cartridge Alignment and Print test:
- The computer detects the new toner cartridge and prompts you with various steps to follow.
- Either it prints automatically or you have to provide the command for the alignment print.
- The printing device is ready for new printable projects.
Ink cartridges Errors and their troubleshooting steps
Installing the ink cartridges might be simple for most of its users but for beginners, it might be troublesome. Here are some of the common ink cartridge errors with their troubleshooting steps.
Error 1: Incompatible Ink Cartridges
- The ink cartridge error is displayed on the screen when one installs a wrong ink cartridge in the printer.
Note: HP printers are enabled with an advanced level security system. It's the only genuine HP make ink cartridges which matches the electronic circuits. If one uses a generic cartridge, they will work for some time but will stop in the future.
Troubleshooting Step 1:
- Always note down the model number of your printer and purchase authentic toner cartridges for your printing device.
Error 2: Incorrect Installation of Ink Cartridges
- In this error, the printer will notify you about the incorrect installation of Ink Cartridges.
- Remove the ink cartridges and reinstall it in the cartridge slot. (You can follow the above-discussed ink cartridge installation process).
- Check if you forget to remove the protective plastic tape.
- Try to print the alignment page again.
Error 3: Unclean cartridge contacts
- If the cartridge contacts are dirty, then the printer will inform you about the cartridge error.
Troubleshooting Step 3:
- Remove the ink cartridge and clean the contacts with a lint-free cloth.
- Clean the contacts on the printer cartridge carrier.
- Reassure about the cords and cable connectivity.
Error 4: Repetition of the cartridge error
- This might be irritating for a while but sometimes, the error repeats itself even after doing the necessary troubleshooting steps. For this, you have to repeat the steps again until the error continues.
Troubleshooting Step 4:
- Repeat the above-given troubleshooting steps to remove the error.
- Restarting the printer can be helpful sometimes in solving the ink cartridge error.
Some other troubleshooting steps for instant overcoming the ink cartridge error
Step One: Replace the ink cartridge
- Sometimes, there can be an error in the ink cartridge as well. You can check for its warranty and get it replaced by the supplier.
Step Two: Ink Cartridge alignment
- While scanning alignment page might be helpful in the smooth working of the printer.
- For this, you have to open the scanner lid of your HP Deskjet 3630.
- Place the alignment page on the scanner glass with the main page facing downward. Check the alignment logo next to the scanner screen for loading the alignment page.
- Now, close the scanner lid .
- Press the buttons on the control panel (for black print, press the black button and for color print, press the color button).
- These steps will correctly align the toner cartridges and ensure its smooth working.
Step Three: Service your printers
- If all the above steps seem to be helpless, get your printer serviced immediately for its better functioning. Avoid servicing it with self-efforts.
Summary: Installing or replacing the ink cratridges can be a daunting process but with the help of above-explained process, it can be quite easy do the same. Follow these steps and the troubleshooting guide for better functioning of your HP Deskjet 3630.
Author Bio: David Blakey is a blogger by profession with 5 years of experience. He is associated with a Hot Toner, selling Hp Deskjet 3630 online in Australia. He is an admirer of sharing his innovative ideas with others on the technology trends.